|.com.au Domain Name Eligibility
The .COM.AU Domain is for commercial
The registrar requires certain information to show you are eligible
for your domain. The simplest information required is you state
business number provided by the Fair
Trading Department or similar
in your state. You can also use your ABN or
To be eligible for a domain name in the com.au 2LD, registrants must be one
of the following:
- an Australian registered company; or
- an Australian partnership or sole trader;
- a foreign company licensed to trade in Australia; or
- an owner of an Australian Registered Trade Mark; or
- an applicant for an Australian Registered Trade Mark ; or
- an association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory;
- an Australian commercial statutory body.
Domain names in the com.au 2LD must:
- exactly match:
- the registrant's company, business, trading, association or statutory
body name; or
- the words comprising the registrant's Australian Registered
Trade Mark or application for an Australian Registered Trade Mark;
- be an acronym or abbreviation of (1) or (2) above ; or
- be otherwise closely and substantially connected to the registrant, because
the domain name refers to.
- a product that the registrant manufactures or sells; or
- a service that the registrant provides; or
- an event that the registrant organizes or sponsors; or
- an activity that the registrant facilitates, teaches or trains;
- a venue that the registrant operates; or
- a profession that the registrant's employees practice.
your domain name here.
this webpage answer your Domain Name questions?
Please provide your feedback, or ask us a question.